PDA

View Full Version : Install Sequence - vista/w7

John
May 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Windows integration phase allows 'right click' selection but then informs post confirmation it's not doable in vista/w7 and suggests 'send-to' instead.

Well I was beside myself in the finally/apparent right click support so figured, who needs send-to.. hence no integration after my initial install.

Perhaps the windows version check could happen before offering the integration options? ..assuming right-click integration doesn't come first. ;-)

I realize it's trivial but figured that I go ahead a blurt it out since it seems kind of backwards compared to usual error-trapping.

John

mrvedit
May 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Leaving it in the installation puts more pressure on me to fix this.
I'm actually inclined to just post the source code to the vshellx.dll (which implements the "open with vedit" function) and work on it with anyone familiar with this type of programming. Tom Burt, now retired, wrote vshellx.dll and I don't understand it well at all.

John
May 18th, 2012, 01:16 AM
I did some windows shell programming a number of years ago, last was around the 98/98SE era.

Offering the source for the .dll seems it might attract someone's attention though.