PDA

View Full Version : How to post via email?

chriz
August 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
How to post via email?
I haven't found a way to do so. Perhaps (hopefully) it's just hidden ...

Christian

mrvedit
August 9th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Christian:
Sorry, but you cannot post by email. However, you can subscribe to any threads and receive either an immediate email or a daily summary with clickable links.
Since I usually posted by email, that is the reason I used WebBoard for so long, despite it's old and odd interface.

I understand that phpBB might have a "post by email" plugin, but my staff told me that phpBB has more security and spam problems. Finally I participate on several auto forums, all using vBulletin, and I have begun to prefer a web interface instead of email. For one thing, with the emails from the old WebBoard, I could never see the entire thread, nor check for related threads.

I believe it is possible to subscribe to all postings in any category, e.g. "VEDIT Macros" from the user's control options. If not, I can do that as the Administrator.

The most important issue is to encourage more users to use the forum, as fewer than 1% ever posted on Webboard. I will soon add a link to this forum (when the URL is finalized) to the {HELP} menu.

Ted Green.

chriz
August 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Sorry, but you cannot post by email.

It's a pity (for me), but o.k.

For one thing, with the emails from the old WebBoard, I could never see the entire thread.

That worked up to about 2009.
Then something in Webboard seem to have been broken. I know that because I still have many old postings in my mail archive.

Anyway, I'll try to get used to the new - vBulletins - way

Christian

pal
August 12th, 2011, 05:16 AM
The most important issue is to encourage more users to use the forum, as fewer than 1% ever posted on Webboard. I will soon add a link to this forum (when the URL is finalized) to the {HELP} menu.
Ted Green.

One reason why there are so few users in WebBoard is that it is quite difficult to find it. There is just a tiny link hidden among other links.
Usually the Forum (or Community or something like that) is one of the main items in the top level menu.

It would probably help if you make the VEDIT homepage clearer. Now there are links and menus here and there.
Genereally, there should be maximum of 2 menus on any web page, and it should be clear which one is the main menu.
Better still if there is just one menu.

--
Pauli