PDA

View Full Version : Using the signature feature would make things easier

chriz
September 26th, 2011, 05:29 PM
vBulletin has a "Signature feature" which may be helpful for users.

The signature may contain the used version of VEDIT and the platform (operating system) it is used on.

That way this information is visible to readers (supporters) and doesn't need to be asked on every error report etc. again and again.

The signature can be maintained here:

Settings - My settings - My Profile - Edit Signature

Since the signature is dynamic any change and thus the current content will be displayed in every message of that user.

In cases when the signature shouldn't be shown it can be disabled when composing a message by unticking "Show your signature" within the additional options below the edit area.

Scott Lambert
September 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi,

Good idea. I have done it too. Scott

vBulletin has a "Signature feature" which may be helpful for users.

The signature may contain the used version of VEDIT and the platform (operating system) it is used on.

That way this information is visible to readers (supporters) and doesn't need to be asked on every error report etc. again and again.

The signature can be maintained here:

Since the signature is dynamic any change and thus the current content will be displayed in every message of that user.

In cases when the signature shouldn't be shown it can be disabled when composing a message by unticking "Show your signature" within the additional options below the edit area.

mrvedit
October 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I highly recommend this to all users and have made this a Sticky.

Ted.

ian binnie
April 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I have added a Signature, but still find the operation of the Forum unfriendly - particularly the login name display.

I know who most of the contributors are from the old Forum.

When I signed up for this I selected a short login name expecting to be able to enter my full name later (as most other boards I have used do).
At least Scott had the foresight to use his full name when registering.

Is it possible to introduce a full name option?

mrvedit
June 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM
OK, I changed your name. Is that what you want? Or capitalized?
Not sure if non-admins can do that.

Ted.

ian binnie
June 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
OK, I changed your name. Is that what you want? Or capitalized?
Not sure if non-admins can do that.

Ted.

Ted, Thanks.

I don't want to hide my identity (at least on this board), but figured I could use a short username, which having the option to display my Full Name.

No, users cannot change user names.
Incidentally, my signature does not appear when I post.

Scott Lambert
July 31st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hi,

A related idea, is in an user profile, there is the biography feature which one could use to say how long one has used Vedit (first version used?). If you look at my profile, you will see what I mean.

Just a idea...

Scott

[QUOTE=chriz;139]vBulletin has a "Signature feature" which may be helpful for users.

rejto
August 22nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
I have a different issue.

By mistake I ended up posting several copies of my reply to another thread.

I wonder can I erase he duplicates ?

Thanks,

-peter

chriz
August 28th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Peter:

The "Edit post" dialog offers a deletion too.

Christian