+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feedback on vedit.vdf

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lambert View Post
    Hi Peter,

"In short Search("|A") should go into the vedit.vdf file, however |A should not."

In the context of Scribe, You don't need to add the pattern matching codes to vedit.vdf. Scribe will ignore the | (remember Scribe ignores non-letter characters) and it also ignores single letters. So only search should be in the vedit.vdf, NOT search("|A").

Scott
    Hi Scott,

I collected the rest of the Search(| ") commands with pattern matching codes. I am uploading the list as Search_Commands.txt

Please add it to your version of the file vedit.vdf. Similarly, I shall add it to mine.

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by rejto12 View Post
    Hi Scott,

I collected the rest of the Search(| ") commands with pattern matching codes. I am uploading the list as Search_Commands.txt

Please add it to your version of the file vedit.vdf. Similarly, I shall add it to mine.

-peter

Oops,

my upload did not go through. I shall try again,

-peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear All,

I just realized that I have missed an obvious use of the Vedit dictionary file vedit.vdf. Specifically, to proof read my vedit macros. In other words, the simplest possible mistake to make in creating a macro is to misspell a Vedit command. Since, there are many, many Vedit commands it is easy to misspell one of them.

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lambert View Post
    Hi Peter,

"In short Search("|A") should go into the vedit.vdf file, however |A should not."

In the context of Scribe, You don't need to add the pattern matching codes to vedit.vdf. Scribe will ignore the | (remember Scribe ignores non-letter characters) and it also ignores single letters. So only search should be in the vedit.vdf, NOT search("|A").

Scott
    Hi Scott,

I am re-reading your message. For my own benefit I would like to add the pattern matching codes to vedit.vdf. My reason is that I am using vedit.vdf as a searchable data base for Vedit commands in general. So, if I add the pattern matching codes, then they are in my personal Vedit command help file. This slows down Scribe, and I am willing to pay the price.
    (All that the Vedit ON-Line_Help says is that there are many pattern matching code options. So, I have to look further.)

In short, if you feel that the pattern matching codes should not be added, then I shall follow your instructions and add other items, like ddir.

-peter

+ Reply to Thread