+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Subcode.vdm : The Macro Subroutines Project

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your comments.

I think you mean Vfiler need its own vfiler.txt file ? I agree. It will take quite a bit of work to turn it into a "finished macro" from a demo. It needs a way to rename a file as well as change its attributes, as you suggested.

Cannot give subcode a help button, as the subroutines do not provide an user interface to place a help button.
    However I will give the issue some thought.

Scott
    Using Vedit 6.21.3, (32 bit), dated 9/12/11 running on Windows 7 (64 bit).

Hi Peter,

You said: "Actually, my USER.MNU files are too crowded and I would love to use it via VFiler."

It occurs to me that one can have a master user menu and then have submenus off it.

Consider an user.mnu like this:

Default Menu
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\default.mnu",EXTRA+NOE RR)
    Latex Menu
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\latex.mnu",EXTRA+NOERR )
    Scott Macros
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\scott.mnu",EXTRA+NOERR )
    Pauli Macros
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\latex.mnu",EXTRA+NOERR )
    Most Used
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\mostused.mnu",EXTRA+NO ERR)

So this would be your new user.vdm, what you currently have would renamed default.mnu

The first entry in each submenu would be:

Return to Main Menu
    Reg_Load(124,"|(USER_MACRO)\user.mnu",EXTRA+NOERR)

I have not actually tested this, but I don't see why it would not work.

Just an idea....

ps: Beware of the space in noerr in the above, it does not show up when I edit the message.

Scott
    Last edited by Scott Lambert; October 5th, 2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lambert View Post
    Hi Peter,

You said: "Actually, my USER.MNU files are too crowded and I would love to use it via VFiler."

It occurs to me that one can have a master user menu and then have submenus off it.

Consider an user.mnu like this:

Just an idea....

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I believe that I have been using a variation of your suggestion.

Specifically, I have an old macro that allows me "point and shoot" a user-mnu file.

Now, I would say that I am invoking your "getdir" Subroutine. So, I tried to find the getdir Subroutine on this forum. When I searched for it, I got exactly one hit. It put me to the first page of the Subroutine Project.

I believe in the old days this would have put me to the "getdir" subroutine directly. In short, I would like to get your gertdir.htm file in which you describe the getdir.vdm subroutine.

In short, I would like to use the forum search engine to find getdir.html. Is that possible ?

My reason for getting the getdir.html file is that I would like to use it as a help file for the getdir.vdm.

Thanks as always,

-peter
    Last edited by rejto12; October 9th, 2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: correct typo

Hi Peter,

Like all Subcode Subroutines, getdir is in subcode.vdm. Instructions for all subroutines are in the included Subcode.txt file. Use a current version of subcode.vdm, made buxfixes to getdir a few versions back.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Now I would like to look up the getdir help file while I am visiting the forum. When you posted the getdir.vdm subroutine you had an electronic cover letter. I do not know the technical term for it. It is a kind of an update. Now subcode.vdm has the new getdir.vdm subroutine and usually you give a short description of the new subroutine. I would like to use this description in place of the "official" help file.

I should be able to find this file on the forum.

Thanks as always.

-peter
    Last edited by rejto12; October 10th, 2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: correct a typo

Hi,

As per Peter's request, the attached Subcode includes the subroutines getattr and getro.

Getattr gets the attributes of file in t-reg 10. A sting of attributes set is returned in t-reg 20. Various flags are also set for each attribute. (files only!)

Getro : Just returns the status of the read-only attribute of file in t-reg 10 in #20. 0=not set, 1=set (again files only!)

Also includes several subroutines related to a subcode.ini file, I was working on, before getting distracted by the idea of Jarvis.

November 2: Fixed bug related to file attributes.
    November 3: fixed bug in getro as per Peter's message

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott Lambert; November 3rd, 2016 at 07:49 AM.

Hi,

As per Peter's request, the attached Subcode includes the subroutines getattr and getro.

Getattr gets the attributes of file in t-reg 10. A sting of attributes set is returned in t-reg 20. Various flags are also set for each attribute. (files only!)

Getro : Just returns the status of the read-only attribute of file in t-reg 10 in #20. 0=not set, 1=set (again files only!)

Also includes several subroutines related to a subcode.ini file, I was working on, before getting distracted by the idea of Jarvis.

Scott
    Great,

Thank you very much.

-peter

Hi Peter,

I made a minor bug fix to getattr in in subcode. Message #106 in this thread has the zip file with the fix. Basically if the archive attribute was set, the string in t-reg 20 would not show the I if the index attribute was set. Forgot an append parameter.

Also made & posted a similar fix to jarvis in the first message of that thread.

Scott

Hi Peter,

I made a minor bug fix to getattr in in subcode. Message #106 in this thread has the zip file with the fix. Basically if the archive attribute was set, the string in t-reg 20 would not show the I if the index attribute was set. Forgot an append parameter.

Also made & posted a similar fix to jarvis in the first message of that thread.

Scott
    Hi Scott,

On a project of this magnitude, this type of typo is unavoidable. At the same time, I do appreciate your fixing the typo.

-peter

Hi,

November 2: Fixed bug related to file attributes.

Scott
    Hi Scott,

After fixing a harmless typo in the getro subcode it worked like a charm. Here are the details,

// gets status of the read-only attribute of a file
    :getro:
    reg_push(30,49)
    num_push(30,49)
    #20=0
    #30=file_attrib('"|@(10)"') // neat trick concatenating the content of T-reg 10 and the `"` strings
    // without using the Reg_Set(10, `"`, APPEND) construction. In other words,
    // simple concatenation works in this special case.
    #31=#30/2
    if(remainder==1) {#20=1} // rejto corrected typo, 2016-11-02.
    reg_pop(30,49)
    num_pop(30,49)
    return
    // end of getro

Specifically, after consulting the "if-then" flow control statement in the Vedit Macro Manual, I have changed a round parenthesis to a curly one.

Thanks as always,

-peter
    Last edited by rejto12; November 3rd, 2016 at 12:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread