+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with large (WQHD) display resolution

Problem with large (WQHD) display resolution

I recently upgraded to 27" WQHD monitor (display resolution 2560 x 1440).

If Vedit is full screen when I open command mode window (Esc W), the command window is narrow, width about same as height.
    If I reduce the width of Vedit application (maybe to below the Full-HD resolution?), then the command mode window is displayed correctly.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried writing a macro to create a command prompt window (cpw), perhaps you can overcome the display issue using the window commands of Vedit?

Scott
    Using Vedit 6.21.3, (32 bit), dated 9/12/11 running on Windows 7 (64 bit).

Command
    Win_Reserved('C',8,BOTTOM)
    has the same effect. The window is very narrow.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

Hi Pauli,

Been giving your problem some thought, how about:

win_create($,1,1,x,2560,pixel)

If I understand your original message your screen width in full-hd res is 2560. The above would force the window to be full width. The x is the height, and I can't suggest a value. The 1,1 would create the window at the top, but you probably want to adjust to appear at bottom.

Then you would just need a keystroke macro to make command window the foreground window by switching to it.

Basically maybe win_reserved is the wrong command to use???

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lambert View Post
    Hi Pauli,

Been giving your problem some thought, how about:

win_create($,1,1,x,2560,pixel)

Basically maybe win_reserved is the wrong command to use???
    Scott
    Yes, win_create() does work correctly. However, 2560 is too large value since I normally have the file selector visible with this screen resolution. But the command mode window does not need to be that big anyway. It is perhaps better to make the window narrower but taller.

The main reason for using command mode window is that it is reserved window. And you can see what happens to file you are editing when you enter commands in command mode window. And it is easy to open command mode window with esc-w.

Probably it would be possible to create a keyboard macro to create command mode window. But maybe it is easier just to adjust Vedit application window smaller when using command mode.

Hi Pauli,

Well it sounds there is just a bug in win_reserved at the resolutions you are talking. All you can do is find a suitable kludge, until it hopefully gets fixed.

Scott

Another way to reduce the width of command mode window is to make File Selector panel wider.
    I did some testing, and it appears that the maximum window width that still works is 2303 pixels.

+ Reply to Thread