+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have a problem with the File Open, Save File, Exit command.

I have a problem with the File Open, Save File, Exit command.

Hello,
    I have a problem with the File Save, Exit command. Specifically, if I issue that command,Vedit asks me to reload it or nor. I am afraid that I am loosing my editing changes so I check the reload box. Then the cycle continues.

I have also pressed the F4 key. So, I know that I have only 1-file open. May be I should not reload it. ?

I shall do some more experiments. At the same time, if you have a reaction, I would appreciate knowing about it.

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by rejto12 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a problem with the File Save, Exit command. Specifically, if I issue that command,Vedit asks me to reload it or nor. I am afraid that I am loosing my editing changes so I check the reload box. Then the cycle continues.

I have also pressed the F4 key. So, I know that I have only 1-file open. May be I should not reload it. ?

I shall do some more experiments. At the same time, if you have a reaction, I would appreciate knowing about it.

-peter

Hi,

I would like to give an update. This did happen on my office computer the day before yesterday. I tried it yesterday and it worked like a charm.

In other words this was not Vedit issue.

-peter

Hi,

The problem came back. I am still convinced that this is not a Vedit problem. Now, I remember that I also had this problem before.

Usually, I could save the file under another name and that solved the problem. At the same time it, is annoying since saving the file to another name resulted in loosing my recent work.

Computer Hope has the advice, save your work frequently with the Ctrl_S key. Another evidence that this is not a Vedit issue.

I was also trying to use the windows taskmgr.exe program. It is getting late, so I say good night.

-peter.

A possible work around.

Quote Originally Posted by rejto12 View Post
    Hi,

The problem came back. I am still convinced that this is not a Vedit problem. Now, I remember that I also had this problem before.

Usually, I could save the file under another name and that solved the problem. At the same time it, is annoying since saving the file to another name resulted in loosing my recent work.

Computer Hope has the advice, save your work frequently with the Ctrl_S key. Another evidence that this is not a Vedit issue.

I was also trying to use the windows taskmgr.exe program. It is getting late, so I say good night.

-peter.
    Hi,

Here is a possible workaround:

When I get that error message, hit the <ESC> key. Then save the file under a different name. Next use the win7 Task Manager to delete the process which has the old fie name.

I hope that this works for you too.

-peter

+ Reply to Thread