+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A System_Type.vdm macro, to display whether your OS is 64 bit or 32 bit.

A System_Type.vdm macro, to display whether your OS is 64 bit or 32 bit.

Hello,
    I have written a macro to display whether your OS is 64 bit or 32 bit. First, I thought to add this macro to the Dashboard.vdm macro. However, I decided against it. My reason was that Scott wanted to keep Dashboard
    simple and this macro takes a little longer to run than the typical macro in Dashboard.

At the same time, I plan to work on a Console macro. Then, the Console macro would consist of the System_Type.vdm and friends.

Here it is:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by rejto12 View Post
    Hello,
    I have written a macro to display whether your OS is 64 bit or 32 bit. First, I thought to add this macro to the Dashboard.vdm macro. However, I decided against it. My reason was that Scott wanted to keep Dashboard
    simple and this macro takes a little longer to run than the typical macro in Dashboard.

At the same time, I plan to work on a Console macro. Then, the Console macro would consist of the System_Type.vdm and friends.

Here it is:

Hello,

I have checked the system type info on the Microsoft help website. There it tells you how to get that info from the windows menu sytem.
    Note that unlike my macro, the Microsoft instructions require some user input. Here are the specifics:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check for operating system information in Windows 10
    Notes

For info about updating Windows, see Windows Update: FAQ. If you experience Windows update issues, go to Fix Windows update issues.
    For info about activating Windows, see Activation in Windows 10.
    Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About.

Under Device specifications, you can see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

Under Windows specifications, you can find out which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
    Note

You can also press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK to find out which version of Windows your device is runn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun,

-peter

Hello,

I have checked the system type info on the Microsoft help website. There it tells you how to get that info from the windows menu sytem.
    Note that unlike my macro, the Microsoft instructions require some user input. Here are the specifics:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check for operating system information in Windows 10
    Notes

For info about updating Windows, see Windows Update: FAQ. If you experience Windows update issues, go to Fix Windows update issues.
    For info about activating Windows, see Activation in Windows 10.
    Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About.

Under Device specifications, you can see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

Under Windows specifications, you can find out which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
    Note

You can also press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK to find out which version of Windows your device is runn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun,

-peter

Hello,

I am re-reading my previous message.

"Note that unlike my macro, the Microsoft instructions do require some user input."

I would like to emphasize that the present Dashboard.vdm requires very little user input. In fact, Scott had strong feelings that the Dashboard.vdm
    should be simple. In other words, the System_Type.vdm should not be part of the Dashboard.vdm.

-peter
    Last edited by rejto12; February 20th, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

Enhanced version of system_type.vdm

Hello,

I am re-reading my previous message.

"Note that unlike my macro, the Microsoft instructions do require some user input."

I would like to emphasize that the present Dashboard.vdm requires very little user input. In fact, Scott had strong feelings that the Dashboard.vdm
    should be simple. In other words, the System_Type.vdm should not be part of the Dashboard.vdm.

-peter

I have slightly enhanced my macro. Specifically, I have added the informational message , "Processing has ended, NOW PRESS THE X_KEY.

Here is the enhanced macro:system_type.vdm

+ Reply to Thread