+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scribe 'Lookup Word' function not working as expected

Administrator

Scribe 'Lookup Word' function not working as expected

(Copied from Webboard)
    From: "Howard Goldstein" (hgoldst1@sbcglobal.net) I've just installed Vedit 6.21.1 on my XP SP3 system. I'm really impressed with the new Scribe, but I'm having a problem with its "Lookup Word" function. If I enter a word that's in the dictionary, I'm just taken back to Scribe's main menu. I no longer get the dialog asking me what I want to do with the word. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?

Administrator
    Howard:
    I suppose that the "Lookup word" function could display a dialog with "Word found", but that is pretty lame. Perhaps the "Lookup word" function could be combined with the "Thesaurus" function or perhaps similarly spelled words could be displayed. I'll see if Scott Lambert wants to make any changes; as this is his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mrvedit View Post
    (Copied from Webboard)
    From: "Howard Goldstein" (hgoldst1@sbcglobal.net) I've just installed Vedit 6.21.1 on my XP SP3 system. I'm really impressed with the new Scribe, but I'm having a problem with its "Lookup Word" function. If I enter a word that's in the dictionary, I'm just taken back to Scribe's main menu. I no longer get the dialog asking me what I want to do with the word. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?
    Hi Howard,

Attached is a corrected lookup.vdm file that fixes that bug. Copy it to your macro_dir\scribe folder. The file is named lookup.txt as it won't upload as a vdm file so rename lookup.txt to lookup.vdm before copying.

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Scott.
    BTW - We have updated the forum to now allow .vdm and .chm files.
    Ted.

Thanks. It's all better now.
    Last edited by Howard Goldstein; August 12th, 2011 at 12:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread