+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Win 7 Registry and my Vedit Serial Number.

Win 7 Registry and my Vedit Serial Number.

Can I get my Vedit Serial Number fom my Wiin 7 Registry ?

Thanks,

-peter
    Last edited by rejto; January 5th, 2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.

Hi,

I did a little bit more thinking about my question. After studying the Registry.vdm macro I convinced myself that the answer to my question is no.

Then, I realized that my Vedit Serial Number is in my Vedit.ini file. I also came across an old Ziemsky macro which automates the procedure of reading this Serial Number. Here it is,

//----------- 2nd demo: read VEDIT's serial number for displaying in the dialog -------------------

Reg_Set(18, HOME) // prepare a register to hold the path to the original VEDIT.INI
    Reg_Set(18, "\VEDIT.INI", APPEND)

Reg_Set(103, ^(READ_STR, "AUTHENTICATION", "SerialNumber", 19, "xxx", @18)^) // read VEDIT's serial# into T-Reg(19)
    Call_File(101, "INIFILE.VDM")

(The macro, INIFILE.VDM is available on the Ziemsky website. )

I have a hunch that using these ideas it would be not too difficult to ask Dashboard.vdm tp print out my
    Vedit Serial Number.

-peter
    Last edited by rejto; January 6th, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Adding Vedit Registration number to Dashboard.

Hello,

Indeed, it was not difficult to add the Vedit Registration number to Dashboard. Here are the relevant lines:

------------------------------------------------------

ins_text("Vedit Registration Number is: ")
    read_ini(20,"AUTHENTICATION","Registration","|(USE R_HOME)\vedit.ini")
    ins_newline
    reg_ins(20)

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually, I also did some other minor edting and I would like to upload my edited version of Dashboard_3.0.vdm.
    However, I do not know how to upload files.

I would appreciate getting help about uploading files.

Thanks,

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by rejto View Post
    Actually, I also did some other minor edting and I would like to upload my edited version of Dashboard_3.0.vdm.
    However, I do not know how to upload files.

I would appreciate getting help about uploading files.
    When typing a new message there is a button titled "Go advanced" on the right side just below the editing window.

It opens the current message with advanced editing features, for example with the possibility to attach files.

Christian
    Used VEDIT for more than 20 years, finally 6.24.1 on Windows 7. Now I'm on Linux, without VEDIT...

Quote Originally Posted by chriz View Post
    When typing a new message there is a button titled "Go advanced" on the right side just below the editing window.

It opens the current message with advanced editing features, for example with the possibility to attach files.

Christian
    Thanks Christian.

So, I am uploading my slightly edited version of Dashboard. Once again, as per the original version,
    //
    // Dashboard displays info about the VEDIT installation, invocation and startup,
    // such as file locations, and the enabled/disabled status of various features.
    //
    In particular, Dashboard displays mos but not all of the Vedit Configuration Strings. I noticed that Vedit also has a Config_String command that displays all of the Configuration Strings and this is that I use in my version.

I have also added other configuraion parameters that I am using. So, I do not have to look them up, pecemeal in the manual. Finally, I have added the Vedit Reistration number.

Incidentally, note that I have been careful aboutseparatingmy additions fm theoriginal one by including the line

//----------------USER EDITED PART ---------------------

-peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

I have just uploaded dashboard_3.0_pr3.vdm to the thread

Needs a slight enhancement of dashborard thread. I would like to continue future correspondence on that thread.

May be the two threads could be merged ?

-peter

+ Reply to Thread