+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any issues with rulers not displaying properly between 6.15.3 and 6.23.1

Any issues with rulers not displaying properly between 6.15.3 and 6.23.1

I've bought the new version (32-bit) as to move to Windows 7 and the rulers don't display the right column when scrolling and sometimes the "1" never comes back for the row.

The status bar updates properly but the rulers dont.

The data file is text, very long lines 1000+ characters and I sometimes have to set the custom record length.

Horz scroll is 0 for screen wrap

Unchecking the rulers, closing the dialog, opening and re-checking rulers will "reset" the rulers to show current position.

Anyone else having this issue ?

thanks

There has been discussion about this problem in the thread
    http://forum.vedit.com/showthread.ph...s-don-t-update

This seems to be one of the compatibility problems with Windows 7.
    It has been at least partially fixed in Vedit 6.24.1 beta. You can download it here:
    http://www.vedit.com/download/beta/vpw.exe

That is just vpw.exe. Save it in Vedit home directory (perhaps after renaming the old vpw.exe).

There are still some problems with the rulers. As Chriz mentions, the rulers are not updated e.g. during the execution of incremental search.
    This is probably true with all macros. Maybe the Update() command does not update the rulers.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

Hi Pauli,

Is there also a 6.24.1 vpw64.exe?

Do you happen to know if this beta corrects some of the color syntax issues I posted about today? (main issue post is on hold for moderator for some reason), but both will presumably appear soon in the "Program development, Color syntax" forum.

--
    John

I haven't heard about 6.24.1 (beta) version of vpw64,exe. Probably it is not yet available.
    The color syntax issue does exist on my Vedit 6.24.1 (32bit) version.
    I don't know if the problem existed in older versions.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

Buy real european passsport, driver's licence, id card online

Best quality real passports provider: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc

Buy real european passsport, driver's licence, id card online

Best quality real passports provider: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc

spam spam spam

+ Reply to Thread