+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with keyboard shortcuts on User and Tools menus

Problem with keyboard shortcuts on User and Tools menus

There are still problems with keyboard shortcuts on User and Tools menus in Vedit 6.2.
    It appears that when a shortcut key is pressed, Vedit executes not just the specified key, but also the next key in the keyboard configuration.
    This can be easily seen when the menu item calls a macro that displays a dialog box with an input field.

For example, I have the following two lines as last lines in my c.key file:
    Code:
    Alt-Shft-F12       [MENU]UA
    Shft-F4            [MENU]T1
    When I press Alt-Shift-F12, my search_inc2.vdm macro is called.
    The macro displays a dialog box. In the first text field of the dialog box, there is text T1 already inserted.

If I change the order of the key definitions in .key file, the text inserted in the dialog changes accordingly.
    If the key definition is the last one in the .key file, then either:
    1. Vedit executes the Newline character, which has the same effect as if OK had been clicked immediately in the dialog, or
    2. the input field in the dialog is filled with some xxxxx characters, and then Vedit hangs and has to be killed with Task Manager.

As a workaround, I have added Key_Purge() commands in some of my macros.
    But I think this should be fixed in Vedit.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

I will look into it after the holidays.
    Ted.

This keyboard shortcut key problem still exists in Vedit 6.22.1 (09/30/11).

Another problem with keyboard shortcut is that if the macro displays a message on status line with Statline_Message(), the message may not be displayed (or it is displayed but erased immediately).
    However, if you open the menu first and then select the menu item for example by using the hotkey, then the message is displayed correctly.
    Pauli -- Using Vedit 6.24.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) and on Windows 10 (64 bit)

+ Reply to Thread