+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question about the USER.MNU macro.

Thanks for all the feedback.

In short the problem with my user menu file was that I have exceeded the maximum number of items. I believe that is about 35.

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by pal View Post
    Peter,

Have you tried my Run_macro.vdm macro that you can find at my File Open Macros page,
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/pkl/vedit/fileopen.htm

With it, it is easy to find a macro. List of macros is displayed on screen. Just type a few letters from the macro name, and the list narrows to display only those macros that match the search string. This way you can find the macro even if you do not remember the exact name.
    Progress Report 3:

Pauli,

I have written a user menu, which is, essentially, an annotated version of the list of my win 7 Control Panel commands. So, I called it pr_control.mnu

For example, if I wish to find out whether my windows is running the 32 bit or the 64 bit version, in my win 7 I have to do some experimentation to find out which Control Panel command to use. This experimentation will lead to using the SYSTEM command. On my user menu the strings 32 bit and 64 bit are explicitly displayed, so I can bypass this experimentation.

In short, this annotation feature is my reason for choosing a Vedit user menu instead of your Run macro. At the same time ,I am very much aware of the fact choosing a Vedit user menu, I have to restrict myself to about 34 items.

So, I would really appreciate your considering including such an annotation feature into your Run macro. In other words, I would like to display the command to run on two lines, instead of one. The default situation would be that the two lines are equal. So it would look pretty much like your present Run macro. The enhancement would be that the first line
    the item line, would be user editable, pretty much like in the Vedit user menu.

Thanks in advance,

-peter

OOPs, I have to rename my pr_control.vdm to pr_control.txt before trying to upload it. So, I shall do it in a next message.
    Last edited by rejto12; September 6th, 2018 at 01:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread